Towards the end of 2020, we were on quite a binge of The Great British Bake Off. During one technical challenge, they were asked to make Mini Swiss Rolls. This is inspired by the filling used in that recipe and works great for cakes, cookies, really anything!
- 10 tablespoons of butter
- 2 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (or other flavoring like peppermint)
- Beat the butter in a bowl with a wooden spoon, until soft
- In a mixer, slowly add powdered sugar to mixture
- Add vanilla and continue beating on medium speed until white, soft, and fluffy.